Integrate Case Status into your CoCounselor ecosystem
The purpose of this document is to set expectations of how to set up the integration for CoCounselor and how the integration works. For the purpose of this document, we will be referring to the integrated object as a Deal. Other objects supported include “Opportunities,” “Contacts,” etc.”
Requirements for full CoCounselor integration capabilities:
- Must have a login for a cloud-based version of CoCounselor
- Must have a Case Status API Key issued by the Case Status team
- Must have a Case Status Login and must be configured prior to integration
The Case Status team will aid your CoCounselor administrator in setting up the integration. To set up the Case Status integration we must:
- Whitelist the Case Status sub-domain (Expected task time: 10 minutes)
- Upload the unmanaged Case Status Lightning Web Component (Expected task time: 5 minutes, plus 10-30 minutes for upload to complete)
- Add Case Status iFrame to each Case and to the top menu bar (15 minutes)
Create a new flow that will enable CoCounselor to (Expected task time: 30 minutes):
- Add new cases to Case Status
- Update the status of a case in Case Status
- Close a case in Case Status
Create a new flow that will enable CoCounselor to create custom notifications for users associated with a Deal when a new message is received (Expected task time: 30 minutes)
- The Case Status platform can be fully utilized from within a CoCounselor instance. The full Case Status platform can be added the navigation bar within CoCounselor. Within each Case, the messaging component can be displayed. Here a user can message a client, assign checklist items, send/receive documents, schedule messages, and access smart message templates.
- Using flows, all new Cases in CoCounselor can automatically create a case in Case Status when the Case is added or updated to meet the flows entry criteria. Flows can be filtered so that only specific cases are added using the filtering options.Cases must have a minimum set of information associated to be added to Case Status. See below.Case Status utilizes Practice Areas (also called Case Types). If the Practice Area does not exist in Case Status, it will be created automatically, however the stages must be configured by a member of your team within the Case Status web app.
- When a Case is updated, flows can upon that update automatically update the status of the case in Case Status or automatically close the case in Case Status. By default, flows will be set up so that if a stage is updated in CoCounselor, Case Status will update to a matching stage. For example, if the stage is updated to Released from Treatment in CoCounselor, in Case Status the case’s status shall also move to Released from Treatment. If a matching stage does not exist, the stage will remain the same in Case Status. Within Case Status we offer the option to configure integration names and display names, opting to show the client the display name for any integration names received. For example, if the integrated name of a stage is “Released from treatment”, when a CoCounselor case is updated to that stage we could display to the client “Treatment Complete”. If multiple CoCounselor stages should be associated with one stages Display name, we can at the firms request configure multiple stages to map to Case Status as one for a given practice area.
- Using Flows, an action in CoCounselor can automatically trigger a message to be sent on a case in Case Status.Any activity can be utilized to trigger content to be sent to a client on a Case within Case Status.
Please refer to our help center article on Salesforce field mapping here.